Junior Fullstack Developer – OPEN
A.Y. Technologies is a boutique digital agency, helping bring ideas to products for our clients, in addition, we also take our ideas to build new products, as a result we built Craver Solutions. Craver Solutions is a mobile app platform for the restaurant industry. We are revolutionizing the way restaurants build and use mobile apps to increase their revenue and efficiency.
As a result, we’re growing, and we’re hiring a Full Stack Developer to join our team!
The Software Development team is building new features and functionality, and maintaining the Craver Platform including web and mobile front-ends as well as the REST APIs. We take pride in solving complicated problems using cutting-edge technologies and in our ability to deliver quality software and innovative products to our clients.
As part of our team, you will participate in agile software development practices, defining forward thinking solutions, researching, developing and integrating concepts and products. You will be using state of the art technologies and frameworks such as React JS, React Native, Node JS, Java Dropwizard, Google Cloud Platform, etc. and we use Slack, JIRA, and GIT to keep everything easy.
What you’ll do:
You will be involved in all aspects of software development such as:
- Software design and requirements analysis
- Unit testing, automated testing and documentation
- Integration and deployment
Who you are:
- You write clean code, have written unit tests, and adhere to software design principles
- Typically you have a degree in comp-sci or engineering with co-op experience highly desired (code academies or self taught are great, assuming you have a strong problem solving/ math foundation)
- You have strong problem solving skills and can quickly learn new technologies and tools
- You have an agile mindset, and want to get code into production quickly
- You’re coachable and continuously learning and curious
- You have studied systems, data and application architecture and design
- You code in Java (or a similar object oriented language)
- You understand REST API principles and scalability
- You understand relational database systems and design
- Experience with ORMs such as Hibernate is highly desirable
- You have worked in the cloud using AWS, GCP or Azure
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills, and ask for help when there is a block
Working with us:
- We’re a close team, who care about each other inside and outside work
- We value output, not just punching a clock, and offer flexible hours
- Located a block from the Skytrain in the heart of downtown Vancouver, making your commute quick and easy
- Opportunity to learn and expand your knowledge while bringing new innovative ideas into life.
- Company support for relevant training and conference participation
- A generous benefits package including prescription drug coverage, massage, and dental
- We pay quarterly and an annual bonus
- We want you to take part in our success and offer stocks option plan
- Please share your personal projects on your resume
- If you have a GITHUB please share this
- If you have non-tech experience, such as customer service let us know